Minus the phone and what do you get?

Deferno54

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Haha as the title says but in other words, how does android wear function when it is not connected to any phone? Does it still display time? Does a notification come up and block the screen telling you that you need to connect the watch to your phone? Let me know as I can't find any answer to this question.

Posted via the Android Central App

Benji stark-elster

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Basically, it displays time, and that's it. You can still use your downloaded apps, but if you say "OK Google" and ask it something it will just say it's offline. Essentially it's a normal watch plus apps and music if you've downloaded any.

Posted with the HTC one m8

Benji stark-elster

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Essentially the same. Basically anything that doesn't require Wi-Fi when done on your phone can be done with your smart watch offline/without phone.

Posted with the HTC one m8

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Does the same thing apply for the pebble, minus Google now?

Posted via the Android Central App
It's a little different. In addition to the apps installed and functions such as timer and alarm, Android Wear can store music and make use of an onboard GPS in addition to showing notifications and Google Now cards that were loaded when the watch was still connected.

SchmilK

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how many calendar events are cached on the device, but while I was flashing a rom update on my phone I was getting calendar notifications while offline.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800