connection between watch and phone

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
still debating getting a smartwatch but have come across a concern. I have read about some smartwatches dropping connection between it and the phones. I am starting to consider uping my price range to $200 to consider the Asus Zenwatch. Looks beautiful! Anyone have trouble staying connected with a certain brand or have no problems with others? I think this would be a major consideration in buying.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
There are so many variables involved in the connection dropping that I don't think you will get a definitive answer on this (or at least a valid one)...

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I read in a few posts that people could have their phones in their shirt pockets and still drop connection with the Zenwatch. Just wondering if this is common with all smartwatches or maybe just a fluke that needs an update.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I read in a few posts that people could have their phones in their shirt pockets and still drop connection with the Zenwatch. Just wondering if this is common with all smartwatches or maybe just a fluke that needs an update.
A properly working smartwatch (I.e. not defective or in need of a firmware update) should be able to maintain a connection at the distance you describe (from shirt to arm length).

I do not have a Zenwatch at the moment, but own more than ten other smartwatches / wearables and rarely have I ever had an issue at the distance you mentioned. If you are concerned tho, I would try to purchase the watch from a physical retail store so you have an option of returning it if it ends up not being for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12