Standalone GPS + Google Music + waterproof

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like the Sony Smartwatch 3 is the only wearable that supports my 3 requirements:

- Standalone GPS, don't want to bring phone running
- As a Google Music subscriber, I want to listen to my "downloaded but not owned" music
- Needs to be waterproof so I can wear it in the rain.

I have zero intention to wear this watch while paired with my phone. I only want the watch for running.

Is there anything else that supports these features? Since I use Google Music, I assume I'm stuck in the Android Wear domain. It feels like this Sony Watch is a slam dunk for me.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
That reasoning sounds good, however just know that you *will* have to pair the watch to an Android 4.3 or higher phone to get things started. I do not currently have a SW3, but to my knowledge, transferring music to the watch, downloading apps (if you wanted any), and getting the data collected by the watch (like your running data) all require a compatible Android smartphone.

Someone please correct me if I'm missing something here, but as long as your okay with those stipulations... Go for it. :)

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sw3 can be used "standalone" but just like any other AW watch, is not really standalone the way something like gear s or urbane lte would be. You need a phone for setup and maintenance (ie: updating your music on the watch).

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I realize the phone is required for setup and we have a Note 3 and Moto X (2013) in our household -- I just won't ever wear the watch with the phone. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon