Android Wear Needs a Refresh.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So kind of frustrated here. Going from my Note 3 to my HTC One M8.
This is something i have done a time or two with no issues.
Today however i reset my Moto 360 and when it comes up and i am asked to choose Language. I pick up my M8, tap on Android Wear and its giving me the following message
"Android Wear needs a refresh. Uninstall it, then install it again from the Play Store." with an option to tap OK.

Problem is i have done this three times. I have uninstalled it, powered off, cleared cache, powered on, installed still same issue. 2015-05-22 15.13.21.jpg

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow... Never seen that before!

A quick search reveals that this is a known issue tho on google's AW help forum HERE.

Try the steps listed there, hopefully that will work for ya.

Myrrhman

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try some stuff with Google Now app. Uninstall / reinstall ....
Had Google Now frozen through Titanium Backup and got the same message. Only unfreezing it solved it.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank You Myrrhman. I had the google software disabled on my M8 because it was eating up battery. I have enabled that and now Android Wear is working fine on my M8. Problem Solved.

curvedthumb

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello, to properly install Android Wear on your smartphone (mine is Galaxy S5) these are the steps needed to successfully get your smartwatch ( was trying to install Asus Zenwatch V.2) working properly. First you need to install or enable Google Search. Go to Play Store and type in Google Search and it should show just Google, click and see if it is enable and or updated..go ahead and install and enable. Second, you have to have installed and enable Google Now launcher, if you can not get it to be the default application then Google search is not properly installed/enabled. If you are using another launcher i.e. Nova, Vire etc, uninstall launcher but leave Touch Wiz in. Once you have Google Search installed and Google Now launcher installed hit the Home button and the option will pop up to use Google Now launcher as a default application, go ahead and select it. Go back to Play store and search for Android Wear and install again. Open it and viola...everything should be OK. __I just saw that the issue was resolved 5 months ago...