Google I/O 2015 disappointment with no new Android Wear devices

Amochi013

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else disappointed that Google did not reveal any Big announcement for Android Wear this year at I/O? They didn't reveal any new hardware OR software

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else disappointed that Google did not reveal any Big announcement for Android Wear this year at I/O? They didn't reveal any new hardware OR software

Posted via the Android Central App

I was definitely hoping for some hardware announcements. I guess that's not what I/O is for, but still.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No. They did talk about it, that the platform is growing and there were sessions dedicated for it. IO isn't about announcing hardware or even really software features, it's about getting developers educated and excited about new and existing features/best practices to improve the ecosystem. Android Wear has grown up a lot already and is continually getting new features via the software updates throughout the year.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
It would have been nice to see some new wearables, but I wasn't really expecting it. The announcements made with Android M and the various projects during the keynote, ATAP, and other various sessions were more than enough to keep me satisfied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance