which Android Wear watch makes phone calls?

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
With Android 6.0 comes to the Huawei Watch and Moto 360 (2015) should have their speakers enabled.

Posted via the Android Central App

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I read it did somewhere

Posted from my Moto G (2015) on the Android Central app.

Here in Android Central. Truth is: nobody really knows yet. Unlike the Huawei Watch and Zen 2, the Moto 2015 is NOT easy to tear down. The few who have tried on XDA haven't gotten past the outer back ring. Nobody's pulled the back plate off to look at the internals yet.

That's not saying it has a speaker; but just that nobody really knows it doesn't.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
My husband's Gear watch makes calls and has its own phone number.

Only problems
You have to pay for an extra sim
it isn't android wear
and the Gear S is incompatible with non-Samsung phones and the Gear S2 is compatible with most android phones but not all

cookecj

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Dear All

Which phones are available now (20/02/2016) which allow you to answer a call om your paired phone but through the watch?
I understand that the latest Android 6.0.1 has this functionality but of course the watch itself need built in speakers.

Christopher

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Dear All

Which phones are available now (20/02/2016) which allow you to answer a call om your paired phone but through the watch?
I understand that the latest Android 6.0.1 has this functionality but of course the watch itself need built in speakers.

Christopher

Now? None. The Asus Zen 2, Huawei Watch, and Urbane 2 will be able to when they get the update.

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Just curious how you like the watch. I have been researching this watch for some time but I am reluctant to order due to lack of reviews posted. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I had trying some of them for me the best smartwatch is Samsung Gear S, but the fact that you have to expense more mony to use it made me crazy. Some android wear devices have speaker inself like Asus Zenwatch 2 1.62 (bigger), because this come in two sides; the smaller 1.45(female version). It watch is so economic $129 plus taxes. So far is my favorite. With the new Android wear update 1.4 the speaker functionality become to the live. But still I think we need a new app that allow us use the watch 100% like a real phone as the gear S do.

Now? None. The Asus Zen 2, Huawei Watch, and Urbane 2 will be able to when they get the update.
Correction : despite the fact that those watches have the speaker's they still couldn't be use to manage the entire call. I think; some new app like Call Handling, have to come out first in order to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrYoyoDyne

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Actually, with a Huawei Watch or Asus Zenwatch 2, you can make and receive calls using only the watch; these watches have speakers for hearing the conversation and you simply direct your voice toward the watch; everyone I've asked had no idea I was speaking through a watch - sounded fine to them. Note, though, that this only works while you have a bluetooth connection to your phone (these phones don't have a cellular radio and thus don't require a separate cell contract with your mobile company). Both Samsung and Lg have versions of watches with cellular radios, if you want to go that route.

xaus27

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
idk if this is considered a smartwatch but the Sony SmartBand Talk can receive calls and has a very low price point. I bought it for around US$100. It can even reply to your text and whatsapp messages via voice command. The only problem is the loudness of the call you will be hearing. It is quite difficult to hear the receiver via the watch but they can hear me fine.

Original Fezent

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking at a smart watch that makes and receives phone calls? I know Samsung has one powered by Tizen but is there any other that is powered by Android wear ?

You can currently buy the lg urbane LTE. You do have to pay for service but I have it and it is a very nice watch.

Jshfrck

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Actually, with a Huawei Watch or Asus Zenwatch 2, you can make and receive calls using only the watch; these watches have speakers for hearing the conversation and you simply direct your voice toward the watch; everyone I've asked had no idea I was speaking through a watch - sounded fine to them. Note, though, that this only works while you have a bluetooth connection to your phone (these phones don't have a cellular radio and thus don't require a separate cell contract with your mobile company). Both Samsung and Lg have versions of watches with cellular radios, if you want to go that route.

With these watches, can you make/receive calls when connected to Wi-Fi, or only via Bluetooth? For example, if you left your phone at home to go to the gym which had Wi-Fi, I understand you could receive and respond to sms, emails, hangouts, etc (assuming you have the Wi-Fi connection set up properly and everything), but I can't find a clear answer about whether or not you can do phone calls as well. Thanks!

ml9204

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
If you want to make, talk on, and complete the call entirely on the watch without ever taking out your phone... Then no Android Wear watches perform this feat yet.

At the moment, there are no speakers on any Android Wear watch, preventing you from really hearing what's going on. While it is true that you can connect a Bluetooth headset directly to the watch. This is meant for media playback (like music) and, as far as I know, does not function for anything phone call related.

That said, if you still want to achieve this, you are left with the Samsung Gear watches (except the Gear live... as its Android Wear), a HOT Watch, LG Urbane LTE, some Martian Voice Command watches or various other watches with this capability.

Personally, I've tried the phone call on your wrist thing with lackluster results... I just don't think it's there yet IMO.

OMATE RISE is a fully functional standalone phone or can be paired with an Android or iPhone currently in BETA. Check the phone out at OmateDOTcom

magiusmajere

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
If you want to make, talk on, and complete the call entirely on the watch without ever taking out your phone... Then no Android Wear watches perform this feat yet.

At the moment, there are no speakers on any Android Wear watch, preventing you from really hearing what's going on. While it is true that you can connect a Bluetooth headset directly to the watch. This is meant for media playback (like music) and, as far as I know, does not function for anything phone call related.

That said, if you still want to achieve this, you are left with the Samsung Gear watches (except the Gear live... as its Android Wear), a HOT Watch, LG Urbane LTE, some Martian Voice Command watches or various other watches with this capability.

Personally, I've tried the phone call on your wrist thing with lackluster results... I just don't think it's there yet IMO.

You're wrong. Samsung Gear S let's you call without your phone. You'll need an separate sim card with its own phone number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2