Can only see most recent email and text?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I feel almost positive that when I got my smart watch, the little demo/tutorial it walked me through on first boot included being able to see multiple email messages and/or multiple text messages.

So far in real life, with both a Huawei Watch and a Moto 360 (2015), all I can see is the most recent email and the most recent text message. If I receive 2 (or more) emails or text messages at the same time, I will only ever see (on my watch) the last one (of each) that was received.

That makes my watch much less useful than it would be. It's already happened to me that I have been driving and check my watch and see that I have a text. I tap into it, read it, then swipe to dismiss it and I never realize that I had also received a different text message at about the same time - until the next time I happen to actually look at my phone.

Does it work differently for anyone else? If you get 2 or more emails, can you see and read them both on your watch, or only see and read the most recent one?

Same question for text messages.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Does it work differently for anyone else? If you get 2 or more emails, can you see and read them both on your watch, or only see and read the most recent one?

Same question for text messages.
Things may vary depending on what apps you are using for your e-mails and texts. When I get multiple unread emails (ex: 4 of them) it will read the on popup bar at the bottom of the screen: "4 new emails", and if I swipe up it will list "4 new emails" in the title, and be followed below by who they are from.
As for texts go it will popup a summary of the beginning of one on a card and have a "+" underneath it, so if you have two additional text messages it will read +2. If you click on that +2 it should bring up all three one on top of the other. You can click on each to expand it to its full message. If multiple messages are from the same person you can always swipe left and go to view conversation to read them in their thread (you could do that anyway with a single one too). If you do the view thread however it will close them out when you swipe away.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned above, you should be seeing a "+1" or however many for additional emails to the same account. See screenshot below:

0902e24ac54e4f440dc777d45e0b9b71.jpg

This was from a Asus ZenWatch, but being as they all run Android Wear... I'm not sure what the issue is there :/ .

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
That's what I thought I should see. That's how the tutorial was when I first started both of my watches. But, I don't get that in actual use.

My phone is a VZW Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.1. I am using the stock Email (not Gmail) and Messages apps.

And, as I said before, the behavior is the same on my M360 and Huawei.

I wonder if it's the Samsung apps or the version of Android or something else.

I just checked it again. I can be looking at an email on my watch when another one comes in. When the second one comes in, the first one is replaced on the screen of my watch. I can then see the second one but the first one is gone. If I look on my watch after I have received two emails, I can only see the second one. :-(

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if the problem is the stock email app as I don't have that problem with the note 5 using gmail. I'll set up the stock app to see what happens the next time. I'll let you know what happens.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the problem is the stock email app as I don't have that problem with the note 5 using gmail. I'll set up the stock app to see what happens the next time. I'll let you know what happens.

What about the stock Messages app for texting? Can you see multiple text messages on your watch? Or only the most recent?

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I checked on the email and you are right it doesn't let me see the individual emails if there are more than one. I have recently switched to Google messages for texts but don't recall having that issue with my Zenwatch on the stock messaging app. I don't usually get a lot of texts at the same time so I may have missed it though.

Posted via the Android Central App

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This is such a deal breaker for android wear. You mean there's no way to view emails in non-gmail apps (e.g. Samsung stock email) on AW?

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
No I didn't say that. I think it has more to do with what email provider you use and what 3rd party email client you have. Since I have gmail I don't want to use a 3rd party email client. Many 3rd party clients do provide AW integration it just looks like Samsung's stock one does not provide the best integration with AW.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
AquaMail integrates really well with AndroidWear. And you do get a ...+1, or +2 for multiple emails.

How does it do with Exchange accounts? I just looked at it on Play and one of the comments implied that you can only access certain folders in your Exchange account (e.g. Inbox, Drafts, Sent, and Deleted). Or maybe you can only sync with those.

I use my stock email app and have it sync to several other custom folders in my Exchange account, so the messages in those folders are always on my phone for instant access.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How does it do with Exchange accounts? I just looked at it on Play and one of the comments implied that you can only access certain folders in your Exchange account (e.g. Inbox, Drafts, Sent, and Deleted). Or maybe you can only sync with those.

I use my stock email app and have it sync to several other custom folders in my Exchange account, so the messages in those folders are always on my phone for instant access.

I don't use Exchange, but the app says that it handles it. There is a free version of AquaMail that you could test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge