Why do my calls not go through my Android Wear automatically?

A

AC Question

when android wear connected before bt headset, calls come thru phone earpiece only

I have an Android wear which is connected to phone (lollipop), then when I get into my car and its BT headset auto connects, everything seems to work fine. But for calls, even when I accept on the car, call voice only comes from the phone's ear piece/speaker. Even if I manually change to bluetooth during the call.

The car's BT headset works fine if I did not connect my Android wear first, or I reset the phone's bluetooth. Both devices can work at the same time if I do it this way. But it gets on my nerves!

Anyway to fix this bug?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: when android wear connected before bt headset, calls come thru phone earpiece only

Welcome to Android Central! What watch do you have? When you're in your car, go to Settings>Bluetooth​, and tap on the settings icon for both the car and the watch. Do either have Phone Audio checked on?

zonghans

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm using HuaWei watch. Completely updated. Both the car and phone (Lollipop) shows that its connected. I can even accept calls using the car's bluetooth unit. But the voice only comes from phone's ear piece or speaker. Even if I select bluetooth during the call, voice still comes from phone. I have a friend using the Pebble watch, also have the same problem in his car, his phone runs on Android 4.2.2.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using HuaWei watch. Completely updated. Both the car and phone (Lollipop) shows that its connected. I can even accept calls using the car's bluetooth unit. But the voice only comes from phone's ear piece or speaker. Even if I select bluetooth during the call, voice still comes from phone. I have a friend using the Pebble watch, also have the same problem in his car, his phone runs on Android 4.2.2.

I have the Huawei watch and when in my car the watch stays connected to the phone, and the car's Bluetooth works perfectly.
EDIT: Settings>Bluetooth>Vehicle Settings>Call Audio is OFF

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Can you confirm--is the Phone Audio box checked on when you go to Settings>Bluetooth, and tap the settings icon next the car or the watch? I wasn't sure from your reply.

zonghans

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
100% yes! I physically checked that its on. Also, this problem would go away if I did not have my watch connected, or I just turn off and on the bluetooth of my phone momentarily. I even tried re-pairing the devices, same issue. I believe this bug happens to most people with android wear/smart watch connected, and then connecting to a bluetooth hands free set.

Difference when the handsfree works properly is that once you make a call, theres this icon on your dialer, it auto goes to bluetooth. When the bug is in place, it stays at handset. You can set to speaker phone, but bluetooth just won't work even when it shows you are on bluetooth.

PS: HuaWei watch does not have call capabilities but is able to reject/accept/initiate calls...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. This doesn't happen with my ZenWatch, but then again, the phone is connecting with the car's factory-installed Bluetooth system, not an aftermarket one. The ZenWatch can also accept or reject calls.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to reiterate from my post above, the bluetooth calls in my car work perfectly fine through the car's speakers while the phone is still connected to my Huawei watch.

zonghans

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Just to reiterate from my post above, the bluetooth calls in my car work perfectly fine through the car's speakers while the phone is still connected to my Huawei watch.

Its not that they cannot work together. Its just the order in which they are connected. Its gotta be handsfree first, then watch. Or the voice will get stuck on the phone.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Its not that they cannot work together. Its just the order in which they are connected. Its gotta be handsfree first, then watch. Or the voice will get stuck on the phone.

I'm really not sure what you are talking about regarding "the order".
I have a phone that is paired to my watch. I then get in my car and start it. When the car is on, the phone is working handsfree through the car's bluetooth system, and the watch and phone are also paired perfectly.

Last edited:

zonghans

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm really not sure what you are talking about regarding "the order".
I have a phone that is paired to my watch. I then get in my car and start it. When the car is on, the phone is working handsfree through the car's bluetooth system, and the watch and phone are also paired perfectly.

Because thats the only way I can make both work. And its the order that its has to connect, in order for the handsfree to work properly, that gets on my nerves. Sure the handsfree and watch works together....but the calls are stuck on the phone's earpiece/speaker. I can accept calls and make calls on the handsfree, but voice is stuck at the phone. If I connect handsfree first then watch, then the calls' voice will come from the handsfree.

Which means every time I get into the car, I have to do this crap in order for the handsfree to work properly.

I'm on Lollipop 5.1 if it matters....

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Actually I started having this problem too. It goes away if I put the call on speakerphone then switch it back. But for me it happens even when I don't have the watch with me. I can be listening to music via Bluetooth to the head unit and if I get a call it goes to my phones earpiece until I cycle through the speakerphone.

zonghans

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the Huawei watch and when in my car the watch stays connected to the phone, and the car's Bluetooth works perfectly.
EDIT: Settings>Bluetooth>Vehicle Settings>Call Audio is OFF

Mine is on. No doubt about it. I even purposely check it when the bug is in place.

zonghans

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
That's most likely your problem. Turn call audio OFF!

There is no such setting in the unit. There is only HPF and Media audio for bluetooth... kindda same, but different...

Anyways, I tried doing the handsfree with my HuaWei watch already connected, I paired and tried the call on my Garmin Nuvi 3560. Same crap! So, I'm pretty sure its not the car's handsfree problem. Its the phone.

Update: Tried the same thing on another phone. Works great, no issues. So confirm is the phone. Sigh.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12