meeting reminders on Watch?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
when I have a meeting scheduled for the day, it will show up as a card in the morning and tells me how much time is left before the meeting starts. However if I am not looking at my watch when the meeting gets closer I would miss it. On outlook for example a popup comes on 15 minutes before the meeting. Is there a way to make the watch vibrate 15 minutes before a meeting that is on my Google Calendar and is showing up in the watch's agenda app?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If your Meeting has a reminder set (check your Calendar entry in your phone) it SHOULD vibrate and alert you accordingly; the phone should also light up for this. But if your Calendar entry doesn't have a reminder set up, then it will only show up as a normal card.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
yes there is a reminder set and yes the phone does light up and allows me to slide to Snooze or Dismiss the meeting, but nothing happens on my LG GWR watch Other than the card that was there earlier remains.

P.S. I do get vibrations from other notifications, just not calendar ones.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmmm... that's odd. Have you tried re-syncing your apps to the watch? I don't have an LG one, but at least on the Moto360 it does work. Kinda funny, actually, because my computer beeps, my work phone goes off, my personal phone comes to life, and my watch vibrates...all at the same time. Even worse if I have my tablet around.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I did try the re-sync, no luck. But let me ask you this, In theory the watch vibrates on notifications that go to the phone, so if the meetings are not going to the phone as notification but instead they come in as a full screen window/popup where you select to dismiss or snooze (kinda like when an alarm comes on) then that technically is not a notification that is in the notification panel. Could this be the reason?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'll be damned! It's not working! But it's not why you said; if your screen is on you'll see the notification comes through the bar as well, not just the full screen thing.

Here's why it 'tricked' me before: Only Google Calendar entries don't work. All of my meetings and events come from my Exchange account, and those do show up as a reminder on the phone AND on the watch. Strangely enough, if my phone's screen is on, the reminder comes through my watch for Google Calendar events as well. oO

Now, I do know that Android Wear blocks Calendar notifications to avoid double ones... have you tried Unblocking that and see if they come through now? you might see double cards for everything now though, I'm not sure.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Now that you mention it, my meetings are from my Exchange account (Work Outlook), in my KNOX container, however my google calendar on my personal container is picking up these meetings also, it's just not able to send notification from them since they are originally via KNOX. Oh well.

P.S. I did remove the duplicate filter long ago. Thanks anyway.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... I don't have them in Knox so that might be a factor. You could try setting up your account outside Knox just to test one meeting and then remove it.

Next thing I can think of is to reset the watch. Whenever I've had issues, especially after an Android Wear update (battery usually dies super fast after an update) I do that and the watch goes back to normal.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I think it may be more of an issue that Android wear can only support one device, and technically the KNOX container is a separate device within the phone, since it has independent apps and such. I would have to choose to pair my watch with either the personal container or the Knox container. Hope to have that change in the future since my old pebble was able to support notifications from both.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Aaaaah, gotcha. Yeah, that's actually one of my main 'gripes' with Android Wear. I'd love to pair with my phone, but when at home, also be able to control music on my Tablet without losing notifications from my phone. Sure, that probably would mean I'd get double notifications from apps that notify on both devices, but still worth it (or maybe they can figure out a clever way to avoid those duplicates... I mean, we do have Cloud Sync, why can't we do the same with multiple devices on the same account, right?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance