Can you temporarily disconnect a watch?

Nick Derrico

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a Microsoft Band 2 and want to use that on weekdays when I'm active and working out. However, on weekends and date nights, I want to wear my Zenwatch. Disconnecting the Band 2 on was obvious, but I am unclear of the behavior of disconnecting a watch in the Android Wear app...

When I disconnect the watch in the Android Wear app, will it stay permanently disconnected until I reopen the app? I do not want the phone to constantly search for the watch and drain the battery.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
To disconnect your ZenWatch (or reconnect it), go to the Android Wear app on your phone and tap the little gear icon in the upper right hand corner. Then tap your watch's name, in this case it should read "Asus ZenWatch". Finally, tap the little toggle switch to the right of the "Connected" text.

dcc3cab57b166e13b239e6d14291da67.jpg

This should disconnect the ZenWatch. However I have found that if the ZenWatch is still on, the AW app will automatically try to connect to it... even if you have gone through this disconnect process. Turning the ZenWatch off BEFORE doing this is an easy solution. Another option if you have another Android Wear watch tho is to select the other watch in the Android Wear app and this will keep the first watch disconnected.

Not as easy as it could be, I admit. If you have any issues, feel free to post to here and we'll try to help ya out! 😁

Nick Derrico

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! So far it's stayed disconnected. They do need a more elegant solution just too temporarily disable a watch.

I may end up turning the watch off too, I just wish you could have it both off AND on the charger at the same time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie