Can we pair two smart watches without a phone?

anurooppv

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

As far as I know, wear smartwatches are designed to be companion devices that stay connected to your smartphone. Without a phone around, though, they aren't entirely useless.They'll still function as watches, for one, giving you the time and the date.

But I am not sure if there are any changes to this in any of the latest updates. So I want to know if it is possible to pair two smart watches and send messages using messageapi without the help of a smartphone. A lame question but I am very curios to know.

Regards,
Anuroop

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Depends the type and brand of the smart watch... Some are weak in features, others have plenty of features. If you gave us the type of watchers you have, will be very useful.

anurooppv

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I am using LG Watch Urbane. Currently I am able to communicate between smartphone and watches using messageapi and capabilityapi. Now I would like to know if it's possible to pair two smart watches and communicate without the smartphone.

anurooppv

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I have seen that before. Just wanted to check if this is made possible in any of the recent updates. So without a smartphone or tablet, a smartphone can't communicate?

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I have seen that before. Just wanted to check if this is made possible in any of the recent updates. So without a smartphone or tablet, a smartphone can't communicate?
Looks like this is the case with Android smart watchers. Not sure if the apple watch is different and don't need the iPhone to pair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz