Wear app no longer works

justinlpsu

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So, starting today, the Wear app no longer connects or even shows that it's trying to connect to my watch. I have reinstalled 5 times and nothing works. This is all I get. Any idea what to do next?Capture+_2016-05-12-11-47-30.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone, and which watch? Have you already tried factory resetting the watch? Or wiping the phone's system cache partition?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you wiped the cache, was it just the Android Wear app cache? LG usually doesn't let the user access the Recovery Menu to allow you to wipe the system cache partition.

Try uninstalling all watch apps you've installed from Google Play Store (i.e., watchfaces, etc.). The clear the Android Wear app cache/data again, and then try pairing the watch again.

sdardoin

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been doing the exact same thing... took several reboots of the phone and the watch to get them to sync up again. Has an update gone out recently?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After wiping the cache partition for a 2nd time, the app is now functioning properly. Also, it was not just the app cache, it was the cache partition. LG G4: How to Boot into Recovery Mode

That's interesting--I thought you couldn't access the Recovery Menu to wipe the cache partition in LG phones. That link doesn't specify an actual wipe cache partition option in the stock recovery--you actually had that option? Or are you using something like ClockworkMod Recovery?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois