Android Watch Wifi and Phone Wifi Issue

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a nexus 6, and I have a moto 360 first gen, and a Asus ZenWatch 2, and I hate to carry my phone around at work. I've been placing my phone in my locker, and it's right next to my workplaces router. I was hoping I could still receive notification on my watch as I walk around different areas on my work place but my phone's wifi shuts off and my watches both show they have a wifi connection. I'll go back to my locker, push the power button on my phone, it shows its not connected to wifi, wait a second, and it connects to wifi.

What's the point of having wifi on my watch, if I can not get the phone and watch to jive with one another.

As far as I know, my phone's wifi shouldn't shut off when the screen shuts off. I'm at a total loss here.

Posted via the Android Central App

aa6vh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
On my Samsung GS7, there is a checkbox in the Wifi setup that indicates whether to keep Wifi on/connected when the phone is sleeping. Does your Nexus have a similar check box, and is it checked?

I found the checkbox under "Advanced" in the Wifi setup screen.

pedronev925

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I kind of have a similar issue with my tag connected.. I'll leave my phone on my desk at work (connected to wifi) and have a wonder so I'm out of Bluetooth range. My watch will show its connected to wifi but I can't complete any actions like messaging or Google searching as it comes up saying disconnected despite the wifi symbol still showing.

I've checked all my settings and all appear to be OK so am at a loss as to why it's not working 😭

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I know you no doubt thought of this, but anyway, is you locker made of metal? If so there are no signals getting inside - WiFi or otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair