Android wear/ Bluetooth questions

GearHead71

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
So I recently got a Huawei watch and paired it with my Google pixel phone. So far I'm loving them both. The only thing I'm having issues with is it seems like Android has a problem prioritizing Bluetooth connections. I've read a bunch of different threads on it but I still have a couple questions.

The first is pairing the phone to my watch AND car. I have the option on the watch enabled that allows it to handle audio. With that enabled my car no longer pairs to my phone. For now I have a tasker profile set up to solve this but is there any way to do it natively in Android? As much as I dislike iOS they don't seem to have a problem prioritizing different Bluetooth connections.

The second question I have also pertains to having the "play phone audio on watch" option enabled. I only want the watch to take the call if I answer the call from the watch. If I answer the call from my phone I want the phone to handle the call. However, no matter how I answer the call the watch handles it. Is there a fix for this?

The obvious solution would be to disable the option for the watch to handle phone audio but for now I like the novelty of being able to answer calls on the watch if my phone is in the other room charging or something.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I believe this is a limitation of the Bluetooth stack, not Android. You can only have one device identified to handle call audio, or audio in general.

I don't use my watch to take calls, though I'd agree that it makes sense to have the watch take the call audio when you use the watch to accept the call, it doesn't seem to work that way even though it DOES work that way with a standard headset.

Naz 1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Have the same issue. It appears that samsung gear s3 doesnt have the same issue ssue only android wear after the update. Hoping for next update to fix this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa