Android Wear 2.0 - Anyone Receive the Update Yet?

ecum

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Android Wear 2.0 for all M600 users—with Polar app 2.0

The new Android Wear 2.0 system software is now available for Polar M600 users. The update will roll out gradually within a week to all Polar M600 smartwatches. You’ll be notified directly on your M600 when you’ll be able to upgrade your smartwatch. You can download the update to your M600 by plugging the smartwatch in to charge while the M600 is connected to your phone and your phone has an Internet connection.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Saga continues...

For some reason that buggy AW version I downloaded a few days ago was constantly consuming excessive battery in the background. I suspect it was also triggering google play services, google app and possibly others to do the same. Each were continually draining my battery in the background 5~6% each non-stop throughout the day. It could have been more, as I only checked every ~hour. I would try and stop their activity, they would start right up. My LGV10 battery dropped from 95% to ~65% just idling on standby (face down, with battery saver mode) during the work day yesterday from 10:00 ~ 4:30. It NEVER used to behave this way.

Sadly I have no choice but to un-install this version of android wear, whether or not it actually is 2.0 or not... I simply can not tell. It most certainly did present itself as the 2.0 update, when I read through the description. Its just too buggy to even leave on my phone. So without BT notifications reaching my moto 360 2.0, and a reliable version of AW... my moto is semi-retired for now on airplane mode. Until Google figures out a solution.

Makes a nice $350 night stand clock... Shrug.

Last edited:

iPaulus

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. Interesting that no update was coming through, so I reset the watch and paired it again to my iPhone. Hey, Presto! The notification for the update appeared... still getting used to it, liked it so far, although I hope the Founder 1Gen side button really can cope with it being pressed every time I need to access my apps, differently from just swiping as it was before. Now I need to know if there were anyone courageous enough to try pairing a second watch to an iPhone without losing the first watch.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to force my Q Marshal to update to no avail. Unpaired and factory reset but still no OTA despite articles claiming rollout began yesterday. Any Q Marshal owners receive the update?

iPaulus

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
BE CAREFUL WITH THE UPDATE: the battery on my watch is lasting no more than 10 hours with less than normal use. I do keep it on always, but previously with Android Wear 1.5 I could have still 62% left at the end of the day.

Psuboy

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I remember as a child when you ordered something and delivery was delayed we used to say it must be on "the slow boat from China". Was thinking last night ... Huawei watch update to AW 2.0 deployment has changed from OTA to SBFC.
This would have been a perfect April 1st joke post. Guess I missed that boat. :)
At this point I am debating on just waiting for it on OTA or loading the final wear 2.0 pre-release code.
Probably the smartest thing to do is just wait at this point.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I will be careful with the update.......IF I EVER GET THE UPDATE ON MY QMARSHAL

Yeah I'm starting to think that the update check that you access through the settings-about menu is just a placebo thing. Either that or the claim that Q Marshals have started receiving the rollout this past weekend is complete BS. I've stabbed at that menu 2 or 3 times a day since the last announcement and have factory reset the watch as well.

TBH my rush to get an update has more to do with putting a fresh coat of lipstick on this thing than the need for any additional software features. If Fossil came out with a new Marshal today with AW 2.0, better screen and a spec bump I'd throw money at it in a heartbeat.

Tomias67

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I am downloading a system update to my Q Marshal. High hopes!!! will update.

Update. My fossil q marshal just received the 2.0 update!!!!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Status this week (Apr 5) for my Moto 360, Gen-2 is no good.

I am on my 8th factory reset of my watch and 5-6th re-download of Android wear on my phone and nothing has changed.

Everything works fine except I am not receiving notifications for Android messages and google mail.
Android Wear on my phone continually drains 8-10% of my battery non-stop.

I have no choice but to un-install AW from my phone, and just leave my watch on airplane mode.

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Looks like things are about to take off! Google has said the bug has been fixed and the lg urbane and LG g watch r are already receiving their updates

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like things are about to take off! Google has said the bug has been fixed and the lg urbane and LG g watch r are already receiving their updates

I've got my LG Watch Urbane on the charger, in hopes it will hit mine today. Too bad there is no trick to force it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37