Android Wear 2.0 - Anyone Receive the Update Yet?

adameksoft

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
b2b51637c59f565caab54ad5d86b6d7b.jpg

Psuboy

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
...I was just getting ready to post the same. From the post:
Expert - Google Employee
Ernest - Community Manager
Hi everyone!

The first watches that are getting Android Wear 2.0 via OTA update are the following watches:
Fossil Q Founder
Casio Smart Outdoor Watch
Tag Heuer Connected
These watches are starting to get OTA today and should roll out to all users by 4th April.

Cheers!
Ernest on behalf of Android Wear team

Also, I saw a note where someone called Huawei. First time claim the agent told them to talk to Google, it's their code. IDK...Maybe they called Hawaii not Huawei :) Any way, after being admonished by a Google advocate they called Huawei back and were told an announcement will be coming in April. So, if this is true, and only the folks at Huawei and my magic 8 ball really know the answer to that, it looks like a push to the HWatch is not coming in March as they posted in Twitter. I also read some nonsense that said with the AW 2.0 update Huawei turned on a hidden hardware feature in the H Watch, NFC. So essentially this would mean Android Pay would work. I am so hoping this is true but I highly doubt it. Being that it is taking so long to get the release out the door and their is hardly any information out there I think it is more likely that NFC means Non-Functional Code.
I have actually been starting to think that AW 2.0 will come and go and I will be like.."hmmm" not sure what the big deal was.

adameksoft

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Watch is First Gen Tag Heuer Connected 46mm.Its paired with Iphone 7 plus.For now i cant say much will use during the day and i will make update.Wifi conectivity is droping a lot.Didnt get my google feeds cards,only notifications from apps like fecebook twitter etc.Weather app is linked to your phone region and shows weather in F. if the phone is set to usa region.its bad because i live in Argentina, and i need weather in C.I have my iphone set to USA region to be able use Google Home.Rest update will come by the end of my day

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps reset the watch one last time. (Crossing fingers)

Thanks azcruz!!... Yep it definitely worked. My moto is back up and running with full notifications and everything. I am not sure what went wrong. I have no idea what that last update really was. By reading the description it certainly presented itself as the 2.0 update, but clearly it was not. It never kept my watch BT running long/consistently enough for me to find out. At no point did any of my watch screens look like the ones adameksoft is posting above on his TAG. Whatever it was, it killed my BT... thankfully I have it recovered now, and I am running version 1.5 just like I was before the update.

FWIW I had to factory reset my watch 4 times in total.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Tomias67

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
Now when I click check for updates on my Fossil Q marshal i don't get a check mark I just get a white screen. What does that mean? Is the update coming perhaps?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
.... and once again my watch BT notifications are dead. I was getting them fine last night and this morning. Its now early afternoon and I get nothing, even with BT fully connected. I am on my 5th factory reset for my moto 360 2.0.

This one seems to have killed it for good. My watch just says "Sinking..."... er I mean "Synching..."

[EDIT]
That one was a doozy ~40 minute factory reset, finally got through it. But as before I have BT connection, but no longer receive notifications. Bumming.

Last edited:

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
.... and once again my watch BT notifications are dead. I was getting them fine last night and this morning. Its now early afternoon and I get nothing, even with BT fully connected. I am on my 5th factory reset for my moto 360 2.0.

This one seems to have killed it for good. My watch just says "Sinking..."... er I mean "Synching..."

That one was a doozy, finally got through it. But as before have BT connection, but no longer receive notifications... yet.

Hate to hear that...I switch phones often and when I did an unpair/pair, I had the bluetooth issue too and had to uninstall google play updates to get it to work.

Now, switched back to another phone...Google Fit is stuck on the old version...this was a bug once before...ugggh.