Sitting time alert/ inactivity monitor – what watch/wearable to buy?

michael19761

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I want to buy an Android wearable or an app with the only purpose to have a sitting time alert. I work too much on a computer without breaks/standing up and then not feeling well at the end of the day. The problem is that I cannot monitor my inactivity myself, so I need a smartwatch or a band that will help me take some breaks. It should buzz me when I sit longer then some time interval. Here is what I am looking for:
1) I need to be able to customize time interval
2) The app should detect inactivity (sitting) for real, not only measuring time interval
3) The should be an option to use vibration instead of the sound
I am looking for something inexpensive. Will I be able to use this app with smartwatches of not known brands which I can buy on amazon or ebay for $20-$40 ? For example, CNPGD, UWatch, Antimi, etc. There are hundreds of them under $50. Is the an app that I can I use with them?

Do I need to install an app on my phone or on the watch?

Is there an option to use a fitness band for this purpose? Will I be able to install an app on a fitness band?

How about Hybrid smart watches. I like that they look much better… but do they have similar functionality?

Thank you
M

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You should probably post this elsewhere on the forum. By posting this to the AW forum, you're not going to get any recommendations for the simple matter that no AW watches are below the ~$125 (US) price point.

FWIW I have a couple of those DZ09 $15 smart watches. I really don't use them at all, paired to my phone because the are kind of buggy with Android Wear. Some of the really cheap watches require you to D/L some questionable apps, from who knows where. I did it for a couple weeks, and just ended up deleting them... shrug.

I might still activate them on a SIM card though... but don't really have any need to.

I have no first hand experience with them, but I think a fitness / activity tracker is the way to go here. not a smartwatch.

michael19761

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site

I have no first hand experience with them, but I think a fitness / activity tracker is the way to go here. not a smartwatch.

Thank you for the information. I am trying to understand some basic things. First of all, where do I install this app? on the phone or on the smartwatch?