Annoying Intel Ad on Android Central and in the forums

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting that annoying Dell / Intel Ad that is coming up behind the scroll frame of the page? It is cutting off the left side of everything in the scroll able area. It is occurring on both the main page of AndroidCentral and in the forums Making it hard to navigate the pages.

Edit: it is is a Dell / Intel Ad

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Even more annoying than the HP window shade up ad...at least you could click and make that one roll back down. This thing has no close button that I can find....and it is covering up AC's content. If I were AC I'd be furious.

Anyone else getting that annoying Dell / Intel Ad that is coming up behind the scroll frame of the page? It is cutting off the left side of everything in the scroll able area. It is occurring on both the main page of AndroidCentral and in the forums Making it hard to navigate the pages.

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Much HATE for this ad. At least force them to give us a way to get rid of it. This is the only time I've seen anything like this and it ruins my, usually pleasant, trip to the site.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

Adblock extension for Chrome. It's awesome. Also free.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en

I actually installed it the LAST time AC started using an obnoxious ad like this, and I forgot to uninstall it. Thats why I did not even know about this problem until I saw your thread.

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've never used any ad-blocking products before because I always felt guilty given that is how some devs make their living and I want to do the right thing ....but that damn HP/Intel ad finally pushed me over the edge. Thanks to the poster above who linked the extension. The site becomes unusable with that obnoxious ad. Please fix this AC.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The irony is, I still see ads on AC sometimes. Have no idea why. Maybe I have my settings wrong. And I don't even care...it's just the annoying ones I want blocked. If AC only used static ads I would have no reason to block anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech