Background Data in AC app

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
When browsing the usage stats on my phone, the AC app is the biggest data muncher this month. And of the 90 megs it's used, 88 of them are from background data.

I don't have the widget running on my phone, and have the app set to refresh when it's opeened, so I would assume that counts as foreground.

So, what the heck is the app doing in the background and why is it so much data?

codehut

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Gangrel,

The app doesn't actually do any background data refreshing of news,etc. Possibly the only thing you could consider as background data is if you're playing or downloading a podcast from the app in the background. Each podcast itself is a mp3 that can be quite large - perhaps you listened to one or two?

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't listened to a podcast in the past few days. Probably longer. But to be sure I just picked the past few. As you can see in my screenshot, there is still background data being shown on My HTC one.

azuby2eb.jpg

So I'm not sure what's going on if nothing is supposed to be done in the background unless the One is reporting it wrongly?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12