Time zone settings doesn't reflect DST?

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I joined the forums today and realized, even thou I set the correct time zone (PST) for my profile, the times showing does not factor in DST so everything is showing up as one hour behind.

Could this be fixed?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On the AC forums website, click on Settings (right under your username and avatar, above the "Trending Now" section), then click on General Settings. In the Date and Time section, do you see a DST Correction option? Make sure it's set to Automatically Detect DST.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It looks like there is a bug with the settings.

It appears that "Auto" does not seem to be working properly. When I test the settings, if I go to "Off", then change to "Auto", it's one hour behind. It's only when I change to "On" it will change to the correct time; changing to "Auto" from "On", time stays as is.

Could this be looked into?

Last edited:

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It looks like there is a bug with the settings.

It appears that "Auto" does not seem to be working properly. When I test the settings, if I go to "Off", then change to "Auto", it's one hour behind. It's only when I change to "On" it will change to the correct time; changing to "Auto" from "On", time stays as is.

Could this be looked into?

Thanks for the note. Will check this out with our tech team!

Tom Kaminski

Mobile Nations, Community Web Master
May 27, 2011
Visit site

Looked into it. The Auto DST feature only performs the detection on the first page you view after you login. Afterwards the auto-detection is turned off. I agree that it should perform the auto dst detection when it's turned in the user's settings. I'll take note of this and hopefully it'll be fixed eventually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463