Android central has problems

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well its been a funny week this week, when you find your favourite forum is hijacked by a advertising company causing all sorts of issues.
Then you read all the excuses given to the user's until it eventually the penny drops
Transparency is needed and you will get our help.
So this is what had happened
I noticed last week a increase in browser related complaints so I had a look, using my tusty Firefox I went on to the forum, and bingo here was the first issue Jamming
It would freez the brouser now I delved deeper and found it was my security this was strange as it never did that before
But then I found out why after turning off add block my browser was taken over by a add from a company call Adchoice, so I raised my concerns eventually they were herd
The company in question uses addware to infect pc's and macs
Now I first thought Android central had been hacked, hence the reason why I raised my concerns, but on viewing the code it's part of the forum it's self which now points to the forum hosting company.
Now we no the site has to be paid and all that so we don't mind adds
But from reputable companies please !
It took one quick search to find out about Adchoice
I hope the Guys at the top of Android central see this as it's seems to of not reached there atention that there own site and forum seems to be in a mess

Posted via the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I assure you that Android Central and the people responsible for handling the advertising will take a look at your comments.

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Northern.dj - thanks for your concern and for reporting this.

One question though, is it 'AdChoice' that you found, or 'AdChoices'? Reason I ask, is AdChoices is actually Google. It's a standard ad unit used all over the web.... and I think we can agree (especially at Android Central) that no company is more reputable than Google! :)

Let me know. And do feel free to contact me direct (my email address is below). Thanks!

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
android central.jpg This is the one that Hijacks the Forum experiance as i should you in another thread were it takes over the Browser
and in some cases can jam peoples browsers as they have security blocking this
I no about the Google Vertion and you use there's in the Banners see bellow
Untitled.jpg
But having adds poping up every 3 or five secounds puts people off coming on for me to stop this junk adds i have had to put nine add on's which now block alot of images out, but i don't get the stupid adds trying to take over
Look at all the other threads that have poped up with people haveing issues just getting on the forum
Get rid of the taking over adds or members will start to leave you carn't write a thread before it takes over having adverts on sites is fine as long as they don't affect the persons viewing

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh and just to Add when viewing Android central Web page on a mobile it's impossible to view as it starts jetting around as the advert is messing it up
I have tried it on two Android phones a S5 and a G3 and two Tablets and a iPhone and that's even worce not good if a Apple use wants to take a look at Android info

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech