Tapatalk Issues

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been working with Tapatalk for over a month now because the app wasn't displaying new notifications. I just received 2. Did they contact the forum administrator again? Tx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I reached out to Tapatalk last week to discuss some recent issues. Notifications was one of them.
Based on all of the problems that I've encountered I am now on the Beta list. They are now actively seeking resolution.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've given up on Tapatalk completely. After reviewing a few other sites, it appears users are leaving in droves because of the mess that has been made of a once useful app. I'm downgrading them to a 1 in the Play Store. Looking for alternatives now. Any suggestions? Tx

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Not yet as I'm trying to locate one that functions like Tapatalk so I can access several forums from a single app.

There's Forum Fiend and one other in the play store. I'm using an old version of Tapatalk but uploading images has been crippled in it.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
True. I'll try again later.

It's built on the old Tapatalk api so just a wild guess but maybe Tapatalk are blocking it? I have the old Tapatalk installed so I just don't know. But the link works for me both in Chrome and the play store app.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It's built on the old Tapatalk api so just a wild guess but maybe Tapatalk are blocking it? I have the old Tapatalk installed so I just don't know. But the link works for me both in Chrome and the play store app.
Who knows.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So I reset my Moto G (thinking of selling). My main device is a Note 3.

I started restoring the Moto G.

In Play Store - My Apps - All, I still had Tapatalk Pro 4.6.2, as well as new Tapatalk. Both worked and are now set up.

I have a choice of both.

I may try old Tapatalk on my Note 3.

I am not sure if I don't prefer the new one at this stage, SMH. 😀

Added: 2nd thoughts it doesn't like uploading shots, does it, as mrsmumbles said. It pushes you to the new one, I forgot. Ah well.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Tapatalk sent the Dev of Forum Fiend a cease and desist letter, and he's complying instead of fighting, unfortunately. That's why Forum Fiend isn't being "found" in the play store. I already paid for the ad free version and installed it a few months ago so that's why it still shows up for me.

The old version of Tapatalk has now been crippled - the forum search database has been removed so it's no longer possible to find new sites from within the old version of Tapatalk. It's limited to whatever forums a user may already be logged into, or have found in the past and read as a guest. So... They are really twisting arms. I hate them, quite frankly. :)

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk sent the Dev of Forum Fiend a cease and desist letter, and he's complying instead of fighting, unfortunately. That's why Forum Fiend isn't being "found" in the play store. I already paid for the ad free version and installed it a few months ago so that's why it still shows up for me.

The old version of Tapatalk has now been crippled - the forum search database has been removed so it's no longer possible to find new sites from within the old version of Tapatalk. It's limited to whatever forums a user may already be logged into, or have found in the past and read as a guest. So... They are really twisting arms. I hate them, quite frankly. :)
Thanks for the update. I found my old HD (Pro) .apk file so I can switch if needed.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Wow. Nice info. You're good at this.

So you can upload shots on those versions but can't add forums.

This Tapatalk is technically impressive, but not thought through for the end user.

I'm sure they took a lot of flak early on, and they changed a few things mostly for the sake of it, but it will have eased and we're stuck with this format.

For the AC forums it's still better than the Android Central app or the mobile website, but I am happiest when viewing the full site on a pc monitor at home.

Just today I had a problem with an old car so I joined a French car forum (only my 2nd). I couldn't choose a Username for it. It was given my Tapatalk account name which I dislike. Waiting for that site mods approval.

I also registered on the other Mobile Nations sites recently so I have to remove some or scroll down to Android Central every time I open.

Ah well, life gets tough when you get older and uglier.

d728fbf3a557bab800b36770886d544c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20