Archos 7 Tablet Thread

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
After reading the Engadget review earlier today I wasn't blown away by this new tablet but with a price of $200 and Amazon's great return policy it doesn't seem like a total dud. Anyone else taking the dive with me or am I on my own?

archos7hometablet21-1273684710.jpg

mattd390

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Very very tempting. I have to see it in person before I bite. With all of the tablets that are supposed to be coming out, I have to be sure lol. I read on maximumpc.com that via is making one that will retail for around $100. A lot to look forward too :).

jboogie3

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i was actually gonna buy this but then found out alot better ones are coming this summer so ill wait and see.. but the price is very good and hard to beat

G33k4B3AR

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Augen 7" tablet @ kmart

So has anyone see the Augen 7" tablet that Kmart has on the front page of their ad for $149?

[link removed]

The specs are not posted on Kmarts site but Augen (Gentouch)
[Link removed]
800x480 color TFT touch panel screen

Android 2.1

? CPU: 800 Mhz

? Ram: DDR2 256mb

? Internal Memory: 2GB

? Expansion Slots: SD/MMC card slot up to 16GB

? Wi-Fi Connectivity with Full Web Browsing Capability

? Supports Ebook Formats: Text, PDF, E-PUB, HTML

? Supports Media Formats: MP3, WMA, FLAC, AAC

? Supports most popular E-Book formats

? Picture Viewer in JPEG, BMP

? Video Player

? Rechargeable Lithium Battery

? Carrying case included

Accessories Included

? Leather Carrying Case

? USB Cable (for data transfers only)

? UL Certified AC Adapter

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
They talk about this thing at Androidguys.com btw.

Personally, I think I might wait for the GalaxyPad since I'm going for the Sprint Epic, but for $150 this seems interesting...

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes I saw this in the circular ad that came in the Sunday newspaper but I called both K-Marts near me and they havent even gotten them in yet! I will buy this thing if it's available but nobody has it yet and you can't buy it online! It looks pretty interesting for $150...

Kmart Online:
Kmart - Weekly Circular

Augen Website:
GENTOUCH

Faulk_Wulf

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Why has this not been exploding in the news? The Dell Streak gets rave reviews. A 7" Android Slate-- shouldn't this be like... Idk, a big deal? I've been waiting for an "Android iPad" for a while now. This might even obsolete my desire to buy a Nook as this is cheaper.

Tortan

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Jacksonville FL Kmart has them.

I stopped by the local Kmart, and aside from it being empty, it did have 4 of the device. As I am new to android, I really wouldn't know what to look for or how to evaluate the device. Took a photo of the boxes if anyone is intrested.

techninja

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Augen reveiw

Finally, a user reveiw

I'm unable to post a link, but you can search youtube for augen tablet. It's about 9 min. Looks like a cool dev toy, sweeeet.

abrown00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If this thing is running stock Android, what are the chances of 2.2 with JIT getting on this sucker? Would think that would help with the lag, right?

JustJerry#AC

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I would buy this device in an instant if it had one more feature.

-Infrared Output- along with a remote control app

I have never been happy with any universal remotes for my home theater. Be cool if I could have a remote with android on it. Does anybody make such a thing?