Arnova 10 G2 (Philadelphia Newspapers Tablet)

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a thread for this tablet here, and with the release of a custom firmware that permits rooting and gapps functionality, thought I would get one started. Not sure whether anyone out there will "come and play," but it's worth a shot.

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a thread for this tablet here, and with the release of a custom firmware that permits rooting and gapps functionality, thought I would get one started. Not sure whether anyone out there will "come and play," but it's worth a shot.

Freaktab has custom roms by finlessbob latest release gingercomb 2.0a is fully stable and is honeycomb running on gingerbread kernel im currently using this on my arnova 10 G2 and it is amazing

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I now have 2.1 with ClockworkMod running on mine....that first post was from February!

Lol i know but there was just no info around here for it lol. Now 2.1 i havent tried that one yet is it about the same as 2.0a just has recovery on it

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's a little smoother and faster than 2.0a/b on my 10G2. Having ClockworkMod on the Arnova is great. It's funny, when I first told Finless I really wanted a custom recovery on the tab, he was just talking about doing ROMs. He didn't think it was such a big deal not being able to do a Nandroid. Now that he's ported CWM over to the tab, he's crowing about how cool it is to be able to do Nandroids. I guess he just had to do it for himself to see the benefits.;)

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's a little smoother and faster than 2.0a/b on my 10G2. Having ClockworkMod on the Arnova is great. It's funny, when I first told Finless I really wanted a custom recovery on the tab, he was just talking about doing ROMs. He didn't think it was such a big deal not being able to do a Nandroid. Now that he's ported CWM over to the tab, he's crowing about how cool it is to be able to do Nandroids. I guess he just had to do it for himself to see the benefits.;)

Lol yeah i just finished reading the posts over there and CWM is a must for any modder lol you can switch from 1 rom to another for testing what have you then back to your fav rom in minutes lol

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Lol yeah i just finished reading the posts over there and CWM is a must for any modder lol you can switch from 1 rom to another for testing what have you then back to your fav rom in minutes lol

I've actually gotten a little spoiled since Amon Ra was ported to the Rezound. It's a more robust recovery, allowing you to restore only the partitions you want. That means with incremental ROM updates, you can restore the \data partition, and your apps/data are all back quickly without reinstalling or dealing with Titanium restores which can be buggy. Instead of it taking hours to wipe, reflash and setup apps, it can be done in minutes.

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've actually gotten a little spoiled since Amon Ra was ported to the Rezound. It's a more robust recovery, allowing you to restore only the partitions you want. That means with incremental ROM updates, you can restore the \data partition, and your apps/data are all back quickly without reinstalling or dealing with Titanium restores which can be buggy. Instead of it taking hours to wipe, reflash and setup apps, it can be done in minutes.

Yeah i wouldent have a phone without it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance