Any idea if this tablet has the same marketplace for kids as the tabeo 7" tablet? I want to get an android tablet for my daughter. Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

http://m.engadget.com/2012/05/30/arc...-now-available

FissionMailed from Paranoid S3
    09-12-2012 08:11 PM
    Any idea if this tablet has the same marketplace for kids as the tabeo 7" tablet? I want to get an android tablet for my daughter. Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Archos 7-inch Child Pad with ICS now on sale for $130, Aaaalvin squeaks in celebration - Engadget

It's been noted that the specs are identical and more than likely the Tabeo is just a rebranded ChildPad, so I'm guessing it's the same store.

That being said, I would highly recommend spending an extra $50 and getting a MUCH better (spec-wise and company-wise) kids's tablet, the Nabi 2: nabi - The everything tablet that grows with you This is their second generation kid's tablet, uses the same processor as the Nexus 7, and has a VERY active Facebook community that's incredibly helpful.
    sicario666 likes this.
    09-13-2012 11:32 AM
    It's been noted that the specs are identical and more than likely the Tabeo is just a rebranded ChildPad, so I'm guessing it's the same store.

That being said, I would highly recommend spending an extra $50 and getting a MUCH better (spec-wise and company-wise) kids's tablet, the Nabi 2: nabi - The everything tablet that grows with you This is their second generation kid's tablet, uses the same processor as the Nexus 7, and has a VERY active Facebook community that's incredibly helpful.
    Thank you for the info. I will definitely check that out :thumbup:

09-13-2012 11:50 AM
    Hi
    I'm gonna hi-jack your thread just a little.

I bought a childpad for my niece this summer.
    But it appears it's not really as user friendly as I'd like it.

How do I get another os on it?

I dont have any android equipment myself, I'm using apple most of the times.
    So I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!
    11-14-2012 03:32 PM