Archos 80 Cobalt

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased an Archos 80 Cobalt, can the OS be upgraded to Jelly Bean ?

How advanced of a user are you? I did a little research, it seems the official update from Archos is coming but is not out yet. So your option now if you want it, is to go the unofficial route, BUT you must be an advanced user to do this. You MUST be comfortable rooting your device and loading custom roms and dealing with things if and when things go wrong. You may be best just waiting on Archos, the update IS expected in early 2013.

scubapro1957

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to upgrade my Archos 80Cobalt to a doorstop. Its a total pile of crap. Android just doesn't work for me. Mail doesn't work properly, pictures doesn't work properly. The ONLY thing I can say good about it is that it plays FilmOn with fair clarity. I'm going to opt for an Apple or MS os. This device is just about to take a flight test. I wanted to like it but it is what it is... cheap, nasty and unreliable

mandopicker101

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Could just be the unit is a lemon. I assume you've done a total wipe and reset it?

I have the A80 G9 and it's great on ICS.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Mini Pro using Android Central Forums

ultma123456789

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am not an advanced user at android, but it is already past early 2013 and there is still not a jellybean upgrade. Key lime pie android 5.0 is about to come out. Can you contact Archie to check if they are going to release a system upgrade. I do not want to root my device as I will lose my warranty, I think. If they are not making a upgrade, how can I get Google now onto ice cream sandwich without root?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995