Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Does Archos use false advertisement when conserning YouTube on Archos 7 HT?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

3 100.00%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Youtube for Archos 7

I've recently got Archos 7 HT for Christmas. Its great and all, but the fact that YouTube Mobile doesn't work (youtube.apk does NOT work) makes me mad. On their website, Archos said, "The video player software provides a great movie and YouTube viewing experience." (ARCHOS). Since it clearly does not work, doesn't that mean its false advertisement??? So what do you all think: is it or is it not false advertisement? Post you response and/or opinion on here. Please and Thank You!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Of course, there might still be an app that enables YouTube to be played on Archos 7 that I do not know of so if so, please post that app on here
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Archos has their own "market", have you checked for anything there? Also, the videos should play through the web browser.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    Archos has their own "market", have you checked for anything there? Also, the videos should play through the web browser.
    I've tried, but the videos just act like a picture.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

That's odd, and you have the home tab and not the internet tab correct?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Of course, myspace videos work for some reason.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

yes, home tablet.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Archos 7 HT 8gb
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

My twin also got it, and she has the same problems
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Ok, did some research. The ht is running android 1.5 so it might be a little more limited in what you can do with the browser. Check out the archos appsLib and there are a few you tube downloaders that might work for you. You might also try a different browser. Dolphin would be your best bet. Just do a google search and you should be able to find a direct download.

Default Have You Folks Tried Dolphin Browser HD?

I assume that Flash 10.1 is built into the above-referenced browser, since I am able to play ALL content I've accessed on YouTube when using Dolphin....

I have the A70IT 250 GB model, BTW

Default Re: Youtube for Archos 7

for your 7ht if you check this out they should be able to point you in the right direction.
    Forum.ArchosFans.com - View forum - Archos 7 and 8 Home Tablets
    Im running a custom FW on mine and it works quite well for what I need and better then it was stock.