Experiences with Archos 70 IT
08-24-2011 11:01 PM
- Yeah I can say that I own an archos 70 IT and i just love it. The latest firmware update has fixed a lot of the issues that plagued them. The only drawback is that the screen res is not 1024*600(like the other tabs). But I personally think the screen is sharp enough for most! There is a downloadable .apk for the market and google maps and the such that works flawlessly. goto archosfans forum for more details. I think the file is gappsforarchos2.apk or somehting like that. Anyway, for the price, this thing kicks butt! grab one!12-31-2010 05:31 PMLike 1
- I use an 8GB archos 70 for work at my school. Its okay as it comes; Nook looks great on it. Works even better once you load on the android market and swype! If you are going to use it as a media viewer definitely grab the 250gb hard drive version as it fills up quickly!12-31-2010 05:35 PM
- 01-01-2011 09:14 AM
- No. Not really. I was just looking for positive experiences. I read just about every review I could find and most of them are unsatisfied with it but they compare it to the Galaxy Tab and other high ends tablets. I refuse to pay that much. hearing from people who actually use it was what I was looking for. So far so good. :-)
The Archos has good build quality, despite what many reviewers have said.
That and paying almost half the price for something with 20 times the storage was a win for me. I have a large media library and don't have the option to change it out frequently, so having that storage matters to me. No one else except Archos provides that in tablet form with that kind of battery life.01-01-2011 01:39 PM
- I use an 8GB archos 70 for work at my school. Its okay as it comes; Nook looks great on it. Works even better once you load on the android market and swype! If you are going to use it as a media viewer definitely grab the 250gb hard drive version as it fills up quickly!
I have a mac. will I still be able to get the android marketplace?
Thanks.01-04-2011 08:54 PM
I can't comment on kindle and nook outside of the marketplace, since I installed the marketplace before doing anything else on it when I got it; but I can tell you that you'll have no problem installing the market regardless of what kind of computer you have. Go to this website on your Archos and follow the instructions - Wiki.ArchosFans.com - then download the apk directly onto the tablet. I had absolutely no issues with my install following those steps, though I will mention that I had nothing installed on mine prior to the market installation (as is recommended).01-07-2011 07:39 AM
- I waited for 71 days to receive my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB! Had it for a couple weeks now, and I'm very pleased.
Had a few issues at first, and I almost sent it back. Did the Market fix several times, and some other tweaking.
This is an awesome gadget! Internet is reasonably fast. I have 622 apps on my Archos! After doing some research, I decided to go with the Archos 70 IT 250GB because this nifty little tablet has so much to offer, and at a reasonable price.
I paid $343, plus $49 for a three-year extended warranty, and I'm well pleased. I can read articles, documents, books, surf the web, type notes, listen to Internet radio, my MP3 music files, store thousands of pictures, watch videos, record voice, take pictures, set an alarm to wake me up, keep track of appointments and events, play games, catch the news, weather ....
Files transfer easily from my MacPro to my Archos. The Archos shows up on the Mac desktop just like another hard drive or memory card.
Battery life is pretty good. I take the Archos with me to work. Leave around 6:15, and by the time I get home, around 3:30-4:30, there is still around 50% battery life! I don't use the tablet all day though.
At home, when I'm using the tablet all day, I get around 5-8 hours, depending on what I'm doing.01-27-2011 10:10 PM
- I got my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB from J&R. Had to wait 71 days before I got my tablet. Well worth the wait.
I paid $343, plus $49 for a three-year extended warranty.
They gave me a $25 gift coupon, which I used to buy my son the Archos 20b for his birthday.01-31-2011 02:23 PM
Crazy that it is that much more and a lot of people want to store movies on their tabs. Hard to believe other manufacturers aren't also doing the hard drive approach. It's way cheaper, but I'm guessing battery life isn't as good? And I'm sure longevity will be affected on the device... but who cares... the next big thing will be out before a laptop type hard drive dies. I'm sure you could prob replace it with the right tutorial even.02-11-2011 05:04 PM
- I just bought my 250GB on Tigerdirect. They were still sold out on Amazon and some other retailers or had long ship times. Tiger has them going out same day... and I paid $20 to get it next day. I'm flying out next Tuesday to California from the midwest... so I wanted it by Monday. Sooooooo worth it.02-11-2011 05:06 PM
- I have the A70-250Gb.
Just one problem issue. Don't load to many media files in one session; it upsets the media data base. After a few test files, I loaded 6Gb (over 1000 files) in one go, it fell over big time! Since then I have updated the firmware and been more gentle. Today I reset (rescanned) the media database, well over 1000 files, which took some time. Be "kind" to it the hard drive is not that fast.
Currently running a stock version of flash (Archos don't have a specific one yet) It just works, but is not reliable. Archos suggested we will have the real one sometime in March.02-15-2011 06:36 PM
- I just bought one of of Ebay im looking forward to it. Im flying next week and wanted something to watch movies or play games on not just my phone. I wanted something basic to start out with to see if i will even use a tablet. If i use it alot then i'll upgrade to a different one in the future08-24-2011 11:01 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
Experiences with Archos 70 IT
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD