OS Upgrade S7 Display Issues

eldemya

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I received an OS upgrade today on my Galaxy S7. Once again the display has been reduced to minimal colors on items like Phone, Calendar, Contacts, Settings Display and others. I cannot remember what to change in the settings to get full color display back again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean it's in greyscale? Look for a greyscale option in the Display, Battery, or Accessibility menu. Also make sure you're not in ultra power-saving mode.

Last edited:

eldemya

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean it's in greyscale? Look for a greyscale option in the Display, Battery, or Accessibility menu. Also make sure you're not in ultra power-saving mode.

Greyscale is Off (under Vision)
Battery Power Saving Mode is Off
Performance Mode is set to Optimized

I have Developer Mode available but I don't see anything in there that looks like it would address this. I know it has to do with a setting that is restricting the colors from being displayed... but which one?

eldemya

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
It is only effecting the Samsung/Android apps like Phone, Calendar, The Apps menu at the top of the screen, Notifications and the Keyboard. Also my battery has been discharging a lot more than normal since the update.

Daniel Bader

Managing Editor, Android Central
Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I received an OS upgrade today on my Galaxy S7. Once again the display has been reduced to minimal colors on items like Phone, Calendar, Contacts, Settings Display and others. I cannot remember what to change in the settings to get full color display back again.

When you say once again, this has happened before?

Is it possible that this is just how the new apps look? The GS7 update to Nougat made the colors lighter and simpler.

eldemya

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
When you say once again, this has happened before?

Is it possible that this is just how the new apps look? The GS7 update to Nougat made the colors lighter and simpler.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for following up with me.

After the previous OS update my phone lost the colors on all of the basic Samsung or Android app. I was eventually told to check a setting that may have been defaulted to a selection causing this and it cleared up the issue for me. I cannot remember what the setting was.

Now after this latest OS update I have the same issue.

I have attached two pictures. One is what my phone screen looks like when I am making a call. Notice the lack of the solid bright Green and White screen. The second is my Contacts screen. Notice the total lack of color. Also look at the very top where the icons are and see how shallow they are.

I have checked every performance and power setting looking for the setting that would put the basic screens into this mode but I have not been able to find it.

Any help or guesses are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

screenshot_20170411_221703.jpgscreenshot_20170411_221508.jpg

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it's due to your theme or launcher. When I make a call, my screen has the same looking color scheme (not that it bothers me, the phone is either next to my ear or on speaker, so I don't notice it).

My contacts screen colors match my theme.

eldemya

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
My guess is that it's due to your theme or launcher. When I make a call, my screen has the same looking color scheme (not that it bothers me, the phone is either next to my ear or on speaker, so I don't notice it).

My contacts screen colors match my theme.

I thought that too and tried changing the Theme to a different one but that didn't resolve the issue. Thanks for your feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21