Cheetah Mobile apps

Uofl0728

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge & Tab4 8.0........ Ive read on here those applications are horrible to have and drain ur battery.....

Can someone please explain to me why, and also I noticed on the S7 Edge their is a device maintenance already installed in the newest update on the operating system.. But their isn't one. For my Tab4.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT SHOULD I USE TO CLEAN CACHE AND KEEP MY BATTERY USAGE TIME TIME UP..

I DELETED CLEAN MASTER AND ALL THE OTHER APPS, only one i kept is CM SECURITY, SHOULD I DELETE THAT TOO. BUT IF I. GET RID OF IT, WHAT CAN I USE TO KEEP MY TAB4 RUNNING SMOOTH... Please help me

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You don't need any special apps to keep your devices running well. At one time, they filled a need that Android didn't or couldn't provide. Android wasn't very good at resource management even just a few years ago. Android is now night and day better than it ever was at managing resources. Many of those apps now are nothing but delivery mechanisms for advertising, malware, and in some cases, data miners. Those ads and the messages back to the developer also count against your data allowance. Often they deliver ads even after you pay to get rid of them. You're right to get rid of as many as you can.

If running smooth means getting rid of junk apps and data, then that's something that you can easily manage. First and foremost, don't install junk. If you do grab an app that you don't want to keep, don't just uninstall it. Go to the application manager and hit FORCE STOP on the app, then tap on STORAGE and clear the data. Then uninstall the app. That gets rid of most of the little bits of app and data that can get left behind when you dump an app. Aside from that, occasionally clear the app and system caches and regularly restart your phone. I clear caches (the system cache also forces a restart) weekly.

Once you have a chance to get to know just what is running on your phone or tablet, you'll be able to recognize when something isn't quite right. Then you can take the appropriate action. You don't need a special app for that. Most folks that I know have a battery monitoring app and a file manager. That's it for add-on system utilities. The battery monitoring app is just that -- an app to show you just how your device is using power. Notice that I didn't say a battery saving app or battery repair app. I can say that I've never found one that was any good or did what it claimed.

The reason that the battery-savers and repair apps don't work is because, for the most part, they can't. Your battery will begin to expend itself with the first charge and discharge cycle. In fact, it started when the battery was assembled and installed into your phone. It will even deteriorate on it's own if you don't use it. That process can't be stopped. It used to be that you could pop a new battery into your phone and be good as new. Not any more.That's one of the complaints that some folks have had with these phones that have non-replaceable batteries. Now, it's about planned obsolescence. Many folks start to notice after about five or six months that their battery just doesn't last as long as when it was new. There's nothing that you or anyone else can do about it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital