Which OEM do you prefer over pure Android?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
We know your a huge fan of pure Android/Google. However what would be your next choice in line if you had to use for a daily driver and why?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Break out the tar and feathers.

If Nexus/Pixel didn't exist I'd get an iPhone. I'd rather not have a third company involved when it comes to my personal information and the online services that use it. And since Google is the company i use for my online services I'll have no trouble — Google apps on iOS are really good.

Motorola makes really good stuff. The first Moto X was one of my favorites. I just don't want Lenovo in the mix when it comes to handling my data if i don;t have to.

Yeah, I'm pretty paranoid. On the other hand I know just how much of our lives are in these things and am certain that a huge breach of data is going to happen on mobile eventually. I like to prepare as well as i can for it.

Nutcase4u

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So it's safe to assume the Pixel or Pixel XL is now your daily driver?

I traded my Pixel for a Moto Z Force, (which feels remarkably similar to stock android). After a few short weeks I went back to the Pixel XL, and I don't think I'll be using anything else for a while.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Regular Pixel and BB DTEK60.

I think the DTEK is a fantastic phone for people who will make use of Blackberry's services. I've just not found any that I need yet.

But I need to use at least one other phone sometimes.

Gweeper64

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
What about a phone flashed with Cyanogen/LineageOS? Would you ever use one as a daily driver? Or are you just beyond the whole custom ROM thing?