What piece of tech are most excited for in 2017? :D

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey Mr. Mobile. :D

2017 is shaping up to be one of the best years in tech. We have Samsung pushing out a brand new designed Galaxy S8, with a almost bezel-less display and no home button. We have rumours about Apple launching their 10th Anniversary iPhone with an OLED display and wireless charging. We have Blackberry releasing the qwerty equipped 'Mercury' with the rumoured Google Pixel camera sensor. Along with so many others. So there is lots of hype this year!

So my question is, is there a particular piece of tech are looking forward to this year?
It could be a Tablet, smartphone or laptop, VR headset. Any personal favourites?

I'm personally very excited for the Blackberry 'Mercury', Galaxy S8 and the upcoming iPad Pros :D

Thanks very much in advance for the reply. Hope you have a fantastic week
and 'stay mobile my friend' ;)

Last edited:

MrMobile

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey Matty - good question and some solid picks you've got there. If we limit this to mobile tech (which is smart, because I feel like the Tesla Model 3 that I preordered might take the cake otherwise) I think it's gonna be a good year for phones. In addition to the devices you mentioned, I expect to see more manufacturers push the limits of industrial design with phones like the Mi Mix.

But most compelling to me in the phone world is probably whatever succeeds the Moto Z. I've managed to hold on to my Z review units (using a Z Play to cover MWC) and I'm excited to try some of the new Moto Mods coming down the pipe -- assuming they get funded. I've always liked Motorola's approach to Android, and the addition of the modular component has me jazzed (and also worried that people just won't buy enough to justify all the R&D).

In the short term, that Mercury has my attention. :)

MrMobile

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey Matty! No idea why, but the forum isn't letting my reply to you go live without a moderator's approval. So I guess we have to wait for that to happen. Sorry!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey Matty! No idea why, but the forum isn't letting my reply to you go live without a moderator's approval. So I guess we have to wait for that to happen. Sorry!

No problem. I'll patiently wait for the reply to be approved. Love watching all your videos and it's awesome to be able to chat to you. Mobile Nations definitely hired one of the best in the business. :D

All the best for the rest of the year.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

MrMobile

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Really appreciate that, man!

Starting to wonder if airplane internet just ate the reply and the forum threw the mod response in a panic, because I no longer see the notification. Just in case, here's a brief answer: whatever the next Moto Z will be. I feel like Lenovorola hit on something great with the Moto Mod ecosystem, and I'd like to see a refined (and maybe prettier) version of the Z, priced a little more sanely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad