Still using Windows 10 Mobile sometimes?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi Michael

Since the PocketNow days you've been one of my favourite reviewers. At the time you were the only one who cared about Windows Phone and I was a fan. But I always loved how you were as objective as possible in your reviews, no matter the platform.

Given its current state do you use Windows 10 Mobile anymore? I've moved on to Android when Windows 10 Mobile started coming around (your comment about the Lumia 950 and its 'beta' not-beta software was pretty spot on). I still have a Lumia 640 which I use only to check out the evolution of the platform. But many things are not even working properly. Facebook crashes systematically (reinstalling the app, hard reset, nothing solved this). Both FB, Messenger and Instagram take forever to even open. In other words, to me, it's not usable.

What about you? Do you still use it sometimes? What do you think of it now?

MrMobile

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey! Thanks for the kind words!

Truth be told, I stopped using Windows Mobile consistently about eight months ago. Got tired of the constant promises that the ever-present bugs would be squashed with the arrival of the "next update," and the constant announcements of developers pulling support. I still have a 950XL in the studio that I use for Continuum, but even that's barely usable for my purposes. It's all just too depressing to keep in my pocket these days.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Thanks for the kind words!

Truth be told, I stopped using Windows Mobile consistently about eight months ago. Got tired of the constant promises that the ever-present bugs would be squashed with the arrival of the "next update," and the constant announcements of developers pulling support. I still have a 950XL in the studio that I use for Continuum, but even that's barely usable for my purposes. It's all just too depressing to keep in my pocket these days.
That's pretty sad.

I remember watching both the 950 and 950XL review and the issues you listed, such as the camera app crashing for no reason during 4K video recording, the notification tray not deploying, the disappearing Start screen and the Store saying that the apps are installed when they're not.

Microsoft might have already fixed quite a bit, but the same promise keeps on being thrown around on how it'll be better.

I keep saying Windows 10 Mobile has potential. But it's been over a year since the 950 line was released and we haven't seen much of that.

I miss Windows Phone. It's probably one of the sleekest mobile platforms I've used.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty sad.

I remember watching both the 950 and 950XL review and the issues you listed, such as the camera app crashing for no reason during 4K video recording, the notification tray not deploying, the disappearing Start screen and the Store saying that the apps are installed when they're not.

Microsoft might have already fixed quite a bit, but the same promise keeps on being thrown around on how it'll be better.

I keep saying Windows 10 Mobile has potential. But it's been over a year since the 950 line was released and we haven't seen much of that.

I miss Windows Phone. It's probably one of the sleekest mobile platforms I've used.

Me too! The problem is that Microsoft's platform has been having potential for the last 4 years when WP8 came out. Then it was the apps that were missing. Now it's both the missing apps and the buggy OS. It's a shame really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad