Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, is there a forum for this phone? It was just released in the US today and but I couldn't find any threads on it. Sorry in advance I missed it....

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi, is there a forum for this phone? It was just released in the US today and but I couldn't find any threads on it. Sorry in advance I missed it....

As of yesterday there was no forum created for the 3 Zoom.

I was interested in getting some general discussion about this phone going also & posted this thread yesterday.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...zoom-now-available-worldwide.html#post5807825

Maybe a moderator could link our to threads together & we can get some activity going?

jcrites2008

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Still no article about this phone on Android Central.... The initial reviews I've seen have been pretty positive. Some say that the cameras beat out the Moto G5 plus and come pretty close to the iPhone 7. Hopefully they'll upgrade to Nougat soon.

Reno Takamiya

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I've only seen a couple thread posts concerning the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom. Sorry! I'm in the market for a new phone myself and the 5000 mAH battery sounds nice. The Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom doesn't seem to be getting much in the way of publicity except for some articles talking about the battery or obscure reviews on YouTube. Nothing against them, but I'd love to see JerryRigEverything do a durability test on this device and Mr. Mobile do another amazing review if possible! I'm hoping there'll also be news on a Nougat update sometime soon considering I'm coming from a Moto X (2014) that has started to act up in the battery department. Great phone and customization but I want to move on from Marshmallow to see what Nougat has to offer. I've also heard that the ZenUI isn't the greatest when it comes to skins and that the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom is getting this odd white line appearing on some owners' screens.

I'm also waiting to see how the Moto X4/Moto X 2017 and OnePlus 5 turn out though. I'll probably end up picking something else up soon before either device have released since I'm getting a bit tired of waiting. Leaks can only do so much! I have some difficulty when it comes to Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets. I've heard that the 625 is excellent but their numbering systems seem convoluted, so I can never tell if I'll still be getting a good deal if it it's not a smartphone with the SnapDragon 821 or 835. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you haven't seen it already, Geekception did an interesting review on the phone, camera and gaming performance. Here's the review and the other two videos are separate. He put the Zenfone 3 Zoom up against the iPhone 7 in the camera test. There wasn't much extended gaming or even temeperature checks in the gaming performance test though.

Here's to what may (hopefully) happen in the coming weeks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbN7ZO5fTzY

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12