how to unroot with S on?
i am very new to rooting and all that
i have the htc m8 international version
i have a problem with the mic as no one can hear me and i need to get it to the agent under warranty.
i cant do that unless i atleast unroot the phone
i cant S off with firewater as i get the error msg from them that i shouldnt try again
would really appreciate the help
i tried deleting the su app from bootloader but when i press update it opens the bootloader again
- 06-13-2014, 03:15 PM #2
- 06-13-2014, 03:16 PM #3
Re: how to unroot with S on?
First thing to keep in mind is once you have rooted your device it will show a " tampered " flag in your bootloader screen. Any carrier, store or mailed in warranty to the OEM will notice this upon checking the device and it will void any and all warranty work at their discretion. The only way to get rid of the tampered flag is by obtaining S OFF and then there is specific instructions to reset this along with flashing the factory/stock firmware.
I understand you mentioned you can't do S OFF with the current method your using so you will have to find an alternative if there is one.
- 07-28-2014, 08:01 PM #4
- 07-28-2014, 10:50 PM #5
Re: how to unroot with S on?Originally Posted by wizzrah
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-13-2014, 04:25 PM
- By grabaka in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2014, 02:44 PM
- By jdbii in forum AT&TReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2014, 01:01 PM
- By KLIMAXX in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2014, 12:43 PM
- By monicakm in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2014, 12:18 PM