Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Music shows on computer on phone but Music folder is empty on actual phone

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - one day all my music just disappeared and My Music folder is empty on my phone. If I connect my phone to my computer - all my music shows in the Music folder under 'Phone" in the Explorer list. I cannot figure this out. Any help is appreciated!

Default Re: Music shows on computer on phone but Music folder is empty on actual phone

Is your music on an external SD card, or in the Internal Storage?

Default Re: Music shows on computer on phone but Music folder is empty on actual phone

I'm sorry - I am nor sure. When I plug my phone into my computer it shows up as "phone" - I cannot find anything on my actual phone to differentiate between my phone and my external SD card.

Try installing a file manager app on your phone like ES File Explorer. You should be able to search the internal storage and external SD card separately.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Try using power amp

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

sorry what is "power amp"?

OK so I downloaded the ES File Explorer and you are correct, I can see all my music on the SD card but I don't know how to access it to play it on my phone. So sorry that I see so stupid about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Daharpa View Post
    sorry what is "power amp"?
    It is a music player which you can download from the play store

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

excellent - thank you - Power Amp did find all my music and now I can play it but I still wonder how it got from my phone to the SD card and also how to access my SD card files - thank you!

How did you store your music in the first place? Were they all mp3 files that you transferred over from your computer? Or music that you downloaded from some online service?

My guess is that they were on your external SD card this whole time, and something about the Samsung software glitched such that the music player stopped seeing it on the SD card. We tend to see more problems with Samsung and SD cards on these forums than any other brand of phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daharpa View Post
    excellent - thank you - Power Amp did find all my music and now I can play it but I still wonder how it got from my phone to the SD card and also how to access my SD card files - thank you!
    You can try an app like es file Explorer to access sd card files

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3