Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    tbennett101542

Default message notifications are not alerting on Samsung Galaxy note 2

Message notifications are not notifying me when receiving messages from my galaxy note 2. I went to settings sound, scrolled down to notifications clicked messages & it won't give me any option to click the options are visible but won't let me click on them.. Although when I click sound all of the volumes notifications are too the highest. Please help

Global Posts
    22,196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: message notifications are not alerting on Samsung Galaxy note 2

Quote Originally Posted by tbennett101542 View Post
    Message notifications are not notifying me when receiving messages from my galaxy note 2. I went to settings sound, scrolled down to notifications clicked messages & it won't give me any option to click the options are visible but won't let me click on them.. Although when I click sound all of the volumes notifications are too the highest. Please help
    WElcome to the forums.
    It might be an error in the file. You can easily test something: there is an app called Zedge for ringtones, notifications, etc. Download one (the app is free by the way) and try to set it, and test text someone.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: message notifications are not alerting on Samsung Galaxy note 2

Welcome to Android Central! Also try opening the Messaging app, tap the Menu, and look through the app settings for notification options.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.