Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Authentication Problems

Dear Helper,

I am currently having problems with my connection. I am visiting my Grandparents for a few days and am connected. But as of recently, I cannot connect properly. So, I decided to disconnect and try again. But as I had put in the password and taped "Connect", it did its thing. but then, moments later, it said "Authentication Problems/Cannot connect" and I don't know what this really means. Also, this problem is on my tablet, it is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0. If there is anything you can do, would be of great help.

Faithfully,
    E. Major

Global Posts
    8,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Authentication Problems

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Dear Helper,

I am currently having problems with my connection. I am visiting my Grandparents for a few days and am connected. But as of recently, I cannot connect properly. So, I decided to disconnect and try again. But as I had put in the password and taped "Connect", it did its thing. but then, moments later, it said "Authentication Problems/Cannot connect" and I don't know what this really means. Also, this problem is on my tablet, it is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0. If there is anything you can do, would be of great help.

Faithfully,
    E. Major
    By connection I think you are referring to a Wi-Fi network? If so, reset the router (unplug it from it's power source for a few seconds) and try reconnecting. That should fix the issue. If it doesn't, then consider clearing cache in Recovery by following the instructions here: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Be sure to clear the Cache option and not factory reset (this will clear the device). Try reconnecting afterwards and see if that helps - good luck.
    B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.

Default Re: Authentication Problems

Also, if the problem is with wi-fi, check out this guide and see if any of the tips help: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems
    Golfdriver97 likes this.