Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default LG G3 SCREEN discoloration purple and green

today, i saw my lg g2 screen discolored, as there is an interference of the green color and purple. when i take a screenshot of the phone, the picture shows there is nothing wrong. it was dropped early on today, from a couch onto the carpet, not a huge drop. i checked it immediately and it was fine. hours later i saw the discoloration, and like i stated, the screenshot shows a normal screen with no discoloration (ruling out GPU problem), touch screen works, nothing is out of ordinary, except the purple and green.

Additional information: when i stop using the phone for a while, the color return to normal. after i used it for couple of minutes 5-10 minutes, the issue return and the screen gets more purple as time of use increases. when i press the power button or double knock to turn the display off, i immediately turn it back on and color return to normal, and then gets greener until reach purple discoloration.. performed Hard reset, reinstall ROM and kernel, issue persisted

imgur: the simple image sharer

what should i do? how to fix it? what have caused it?

Global Posts
    22,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: LG G3 SCREEN discoloration purple and green

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    today, i saw my lg g2 screen discolored, as there is an interference of the green color and purple. when i take a screenshot of the phone, the picture shows there is nothing wrong. it was dropped early on today, from a couch onto the carpet, not a huge drop. i checked it immediately and it was fine. hours later i saw the discoloration, and like i stated, the screenshot shows a normal screen with no discoloration (ruling out GPU problem), touch screen works, nothing is out of ordinary, except the purple and green.

Additional information: when i stop using the phone for a while, the color return to normal. after i used it for couple of minutes 5-10 minutes, the issue return and the screen gets more purple as time of use increases. when i press the power button or double knock to turn the display off, i immediately turn it back on and color return to normal, and then gets greener until reach purple discoloration.. performed Hard reset, reinstall ROM and kernel, issue persisted

what should i do? how to fix it? what have caused it?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would guess the drop, even though not far or hard, must have damaged some of the hardware connections in the device itself. But, have you tried rebooting it?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

yes i tried rebooting.
    performed hard reset, and i also opened up my lg g2 and disconnected all the ribbons and connections and then reconnected it. still persisted

what is really weird about this issue, when i let my device sleep for sec, and then open it, the colors are fine (normal as it should be). once i go beyond the lock screen and use the phone for couple of seconds, the purple and green color problem returns and get more purple and purple as i continue using it.

Global Posts
    22,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I think you have a damaged digitizer. That is the only thing I can think of. As for fixing it, I think you can get entire screen assemblies, but I would weigh that against the cost of insurance, and if you have a possible upgrade to use.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Thanked by:

but i thought digitizer are only for touch data input.. if it is possible Golfdriver, would you please explain to me the functionality of the digitizer in relation to the color scheme/aberration behavior ?

Global Posts
    22,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I was under the impression that it helped display certain parts of the screen as well. I could be wrong.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    Thanked by:

i guess i will take the risks and check the cables and see from there. i have asked everywhere (literally lol) and seems no one know exactly the causes. but either way, thank you for trying to help.. much appreciated