Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default wifi problems

Hi,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. I have a problem with my wifi that started yesterday afternoon. When i was done with the wifi i turned it off on the phone through the settings. When i came back to my phone i looked and i saw i had notifications even though i d=had turned off my phones wifi. So i turned it off again. It turned back on with out me even touching the setting tab. I turned it off and watched the tab moved from a gray square. meaning off to a green square meaning on. restarting my phone didn't help the wifi turn off it just kept turning on by itself. then last night it turned off and did not come back on again. Then today i turned it on to look ad my emails. it wouldn't turn back off and kept turning back on by itself again but this time the wifi would work for a few seconds then cut out. when i went to settings and looked at the next work it kept saying the network was out of range. I new it was not because i was sitting by the router. so now my wifi connections are not working with the phone and the wifi button/ tab on the hone keeps turning on even after i turn it off. Does any body know how i could fix this? Also i updated my phone tonight and that didn't help ether. Any suggestions about what to do for this wold be most helpful
    Thank you for your time

Global Posts
    20,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: wifi problems

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. I have a problem with my wifi that started yesterday afternoon. When i was done with the wifi i turned it off on the phone through the settings. When i came back to my phone i looked and i saw i had notifications even though i d=had turned off my phones wifi. So i turned it off again. It turned back on with out me even touching the setting tab. I turned it off and watched the tab moved from a gray square. meaning off to a green square meaning on. restarting my phone didn't help the wifi turn off it just kept turning on by itself. then last night it turned off and did not come back on again. Then today i turned it on to look ad my emails. it wouldn't turn back off and kept turning back on by itself again but this time the wifi would work for a few seconds then cut out. when i went to settings and looked at the next work it kept saying the network was out of range. I new it was not because i was sitting by the router. so now my wifi connections are not working with the phone and the wifi button/ tab on the hone keeps turning on even after i turn it off. Does any body know how i could fix this? Also i updated my phone tonight and that didn't help ether. Any suggestions about what to do for this wold be most helpful
    Thank you for your time
    Welcome to the forums.
    When you are connected to wifi, in the settings>wifi, you should see the list of all possible connections. If you click on menu, that should bring up ADvanced options. Click that and see if there is a setting there that is keeping wifi on.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: wifi problems

Disable auto network switch

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk