Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Thumbs down Just No Longer Works Good

I have an SCH-1545 S4 on Verizon and that update screwed up several things on mine. I did get rid of one of the clock widgets and the lock screen started working correctly. The clock had nothing to do with the lock screen though. My email and text messages are really bad. It's like it gets hung up on send/receive cause I get the same texts or mails over and over. When I swipe a name in the contacts list to dial the number, it will show the green slide across the screen and I put it to my ear and nothing happens. When I look at the screen it's still on the contacts list like I never even touched it. I have to swipe it twice about 75% of the time. It's ridiculous. I'm sorry that I have this phone now cause I should not have to spend my time and effort to correct a mistake made by one of the companies that participate in the manufacture of the device. It's not what I paid for.

Default Re: Just No Longer Works Good

Have you tried to do a factory data reset? It sometimes helps especially after an update. Make sure to backup data first

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Just No Longer Works Good

Welcome to Android Central! It can sometimes help after a major system update to clear the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps here for "Wipe Cache Partition," and don't mind that it's from the T-Mobile site--the steps should still work for the VZW version: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support