Cannot Open Volume for Direct Access
My S3 turned off and when I turned it back on the SD card doesn't register. It won't let me remount it. I put the sd in my computer (via adapter) and it wants me to format. I came to this forum and followed the "chkdsk" instructions but when I run the command I get "Cannot Open for Direct Access" msg.
Thanks for the help
- 06-14-2014, 11:08 AM #2
Re: Cannot Open Volume for Direct Access
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, the SD card may have become corrupt. This is a somewhat common complaint, especially with Samsung devices. I'm not sure if there is much you can do, although you could try searching the web for SD card recovery software or services.
- By ron561 in forum HTC One M8 AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 07-15-2014, 05:48 AM
- By Omer San Gabriel in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-17-2014, 06:44 AM
- By tashauphill in forum HTC One M7Replies: 2Last Post: 06-14-2014, 12:52 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-14-2014, 03:29 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-14-2014, 03:05 AM