GPS only locks when screen is off

A

AC Question

hello fellow androidian,

I have a very peculiar problem with my GPS on my I9500 samsung s4 exynos. The gps seems to only lock to position when the screen is turned off, if the screen is on, it keeps on searching. This is not exclusive to any one apps but happens to all GPS related apps. I noticed that this happen after I put on a tempered glass screen protector on. Would this glass create some sort of interference with the GPS? it is really weird cos other phones like iphone 5 does not have this problem using the tempered glass from the exact same manufacturer. Anyone have any idea how to solve this without having to remove the tempered glass?

Thanks all

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The screen protector shouldn't be doing that at all. Have you always had a problem with the GPS? Or is this new?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Hasanul Hamid

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I am going to be honest, I have no idea what to suggest. Have you done a reset (and I hate suggesting resets)?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Yerp, done all of that, reflash with stock ROM from Samsung, reformat all including internal memory and sdcard, but still the same. I really don't want to remove the tempered glass then knowing it is a hardware problem. Is there any way to know if it's hardware problem?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yerp, done all of that, reflash with stock ROM from Samsung, reformat all including internal memory and sdcard, but still the same. I really don't want to remove the tempered glass then knowing it is a hardware problem. Is there any way to know if it's hardware problem?

I don't know of any way of testing it to ensure it is hardware. Sorry I am not much help.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No worries mate, lets hope somebody can answer this question before i just change my phone altogether (good excuse for changing phone eh?).

Well, if you want some suggestions, I would say look at the Moto X or the Nexus 5. I have used both, and I have a slight preference to the X. Always listening and active notifications are truly awesome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20