Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help! Forced to switch providers from US Cellular (Samsung Galaxy S3)

I am relocating for a job to the Chicago area and just found out my provider, US Cellular, does not have any coverage in IL. I've never had a different provider and didn't intend on switching until finding this out this morning. Hoping you can help me answer some questions!

What do we do with our phones? My wife & I both have US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3s. Do we sell them? Where? Since we weren't planning on switching providers or buying new phones, we are pretty bummed that we have to spend a bunch of money on new phones now.

Does any provider give discounts for switching?

Anything else that would be helpful to know? Neither my wife or I are knowledgeable at all about cell phones or providers, etc. So any advice or suggestions anyone may have would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Thank you!

Global Posts
    19,835 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Help! Forced to switch providers from US Cellular (Samsung Galaxy S3)

Quote Originally Posted by jersild83 View Post
    I am relocating for a job to the Chicago area and just found out my provider, US Cellular, does not have any coverage in IL. I've never had a different provider and didn't intend on switching until finding this out this morning. Hoping you can help me answer some questions!

What do we do with our phones? My wife & I both have US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3s. Do we sell them? Where? Since we weren't planning on switching providers or buying new phones, we are pretty bummed that we have to spend a bunch of money on new phones now.

Does any provider give discounts for switching?

Anything else that would be helpful to know? Neither my wife or I are knowledgeable at all about cell phones or providers, etc. So any advice or suggestions anyone may have would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Thank you!
    You can look at T-Mobile. I think they are still buying devices and offering an ETF rebate.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.