Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Syncing with Google calendar wiped out all my appointments

This seems to have be a problem with Android phones' built-in calendar for quite a while and no solutions are ever offered. Everything I'd put into my Moto G not only vanished after I synced it with Google calendar, when I tried to re-enter the dates I get message that before I can add an event, I must add at least one Calendar to my phone and make a camera visible.

When I try to log in, I receive a message that there's a problem with the Google server and to try again later. Except it doesn't work later either because this has been going on for three days.

Default Re: Syncing with Google calendar wiped out all my appointments

Welcome to Android Central, and that sounds frustrating. Do you know if the events that you entered that subsequently vanished were asociated with a calendar in your Google account, or could they have been associated with a calendar in the "Device Account"? Not all phones have a Device Account, and I'm not sure if the Moto G does, but Device Accounts never sync with Google. However, events in the Device Account also shouldn't be wiped out after a sync. I wonder if the Device Account calendar (again, if it's even an option in the Moto G) might not be selected to display. In the Calendar app, tap Menu, then Calendars to Display (if that option is available). See if there is a "Device Calendar" listed, or something similar, and select that.