Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to mass delete multiple files of the same type with android?

I'm trying to delete multiple jpg and tif files off my SD card. They are album art for flacs/mp3s I've purchased. They consume unnecessary space. Currently they take up 4gigs of space on my SD card. When I use explorer and do a *.jpg or *.tif search I can see all the files I want to delete but when I actually try to delete them all I get this error.

"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting this file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search with help for this problem.

Error 0x80004002: No such interface supported"

If I delete them one at a time they delete fine but that would take years do it that way. Why is this being so stupid? Is there any other way to delete them all?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How to mass delete multiple files of the same type with android?

Nevermind. I was able to delete them all by ejecting the SD card and putting it in a card reader directly on my computer. Why is it such a pita to use when it's still in the phone?

You can download a free file utility called ES File Explorer. It will handle this and much more for you with ease.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: How to mass delete multiple files ?

yes I face same problem with my Nokia Lumia 1320, I try format SD card or etc.. even I try sell my mobile low price but one day I discover one trick when I coped data from my brother pc than after I face that kind of problem I remove all date like picture, mp3, all video song and then after I coped all data my other one pc after I never face multiple file problem. try this trick If you succeed two. then share this solution other friends.

Jaydev Acharya.

yes I face same problem with my Nokia Lumia 1320, I try format SD card or etc.. even I try sell my mobile low price but one day I discover one trick when I coped data from my brother pc than after I face that kind of problem I remove all date like picture, mp3, all video song and then after I coped all data my other one pc after I never face multiple file problem. try this trick If you succeed two. then share this solution other friends.

Jaydev Acharya.