Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    iMarcusA

Default s5 Lock Screen Won't Set!

When I try and set my lock screen to anything besides swipe to unlock, it will not register it. For example, I set up my fingerprint scanner and made sure that I set my lock screen to the fingerprint scan. Once I lock my phone, it can be unlocked with just a swipe. I've tried the other lock options like the pin and pattern but I have the same outcome. I've had this phone for only a day and I've had no luck with this.

Please help. Thanks.

Default Re: s5 Lock Screen Won't Set!

Welcome to Android Central! That's pretty odd. In the Settings>Security screen, does it still say that you have the fingerprint scanner as the unlock option, even though it still only shows as slide to unlock? Or does the actual setting listed in the menu keep reverting back to slide to unlock on its own?

Yes it still says fingerprint scanner as the unlock option. It will randomly work as the fingerprint scanner when I lock it. I put my phone away for about an hour or so and then took it out and noticed that it was locked with the scanner rather than only slide to unlock but once I locked it again, it went back to slide to unlock.

Ah I've solved my problem! The Secured Lock Time setting was set to 15 minutes after inactivity rather than immediately after I press the lock button. Thanks anyways!

Is your phone brand new and unrooted?

Try clearing the system cache partition, which can sometimes correct odd issues, and won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

If that doesn't work, and if your phone is pretty new, I'd consider bringing it back to the store and asking for an exchange.

EDIT: You posted your solution at the same time I posted--glad you figured it out!

I love the s5 i am debating on it now...