Phone's applications getting auto switched on while being charged.

A

AC Question

Hi All,

I use a micromax canvas doodle A.1.1 with android 4.2.1.
While purchasing a new mobile for my husband, we got a wham phone as a free gift. Today while charging the micromax mobile using the charger of WHAM, we noticed a strange thing. The phone started behaving weirdly. Apps were getting switched on. Emergency calls being made. Random numbers being typed on. Random apps being clicked via playstore and I wasnt able to work on the phone at all. With a lot of difficulty, I switched off the WIFI and dataconnection suspecting it to be some remote virus attack.
Also reset the factory settings suspecting some serious damage. However, when we used another charger, the phone returned back to normal and no suspicious activities were seen. We tried again with the other charger and the same started to occur again.
Has anyone noticed such an issue? Funny and strange as it sounds, can a charger trigger this kind of an action or is there any virus being reported which is causing these actions?
Thanks,
Subbaraman

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I doubt it's a virus. Perhaps the charger for the Wham phone is faulty or very cheaply made, and was somehow causing interference. Since the USB cable is also used for data transfer, maybe the wires are all messed up, and there was some electricity being redirected to one of the data circuits, causing things to go haywire. (I'm not an electrical engineer, so I'm just speculating here.)

Does the Wham phone's charger work on the Wham phone?