Weather Widget

A

AC Question

Hi all, hope someone will be able to help. I have just got a brand new shiny HTC One M7 and was happy to spend hours setting it all up and especially liked the animated weather widget which gave me up to date live weather with animations. However, today the phone asked me to update the system which I have, it took about 45 minutes so I presumed it was quite a big update. Now the animated weather has disappeared. I have added the weather widget to my home screen again but it is no longer animated, nor does it give me the opportunity to tick to animate anywhere. Does any one know how I can get it back or why it has disappeared please?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, hope someone will be able to help. I have just got a brand new shiny HTC One M7 and was happy to spend hours setting it all up and especially liked the animated weather widget which gave me up to date live weather with animations. However, today the phone asked me to update the system which I have, it took about 45 minutes so I presumed it was quite a big update. Now the animated weather has disappeared. I have added the weather widget to my home screen again but it is no longer animated, nor does it give me the opportunity to tick to animate anywhere. Does any one know how I can get it back or why it has disappeared please?

Welcome to the forums.
It was probably changed in the update. EDIT: meaning, the update either broke animation or the animation was removed intentionally. Probably the latter to help save battery power.
You can try looking for animated weather widgets in Play.

EstrellaAzul

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you golfdriver97 I thought perhaps it was lost during update. I have searched phone but it is not there. It was accuweather but I cannot find the same one which is annoying as I particularly liked it. There doesn't seem to be a similar out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance