Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default SD card help please

I have just upgraded to a galaxy S4 mini and after putting all my data and apps from my old phone onto the sd card I was hoping someone could tell me how I move the apps back onto the home screen

thanks

Default Re: SD card help please

This could very well be a part of the newer OS updates where Google has changed the usage of SD CARDS for apps. Simple terms, your old phone may have allowed you to save and use the sdcard via the older OS but that is not the case anymore with the more recent versions of Android.

I know there is more and a better more detailed explanation of this but I think this is the main part of your problem, trying to get your newer device running a newer version of Android to recognize and read apps from sdcard.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.